Thank you for visiting this website, an online travel education service presented to you by Beeducation Adventures Sdn. Bhd. (Company No: 1160905-A) (“BeED”, “we" or "us").
In respect of personal data of third parties that you provide, such as your spouse and family members or students, you warrant that you have obtained their and their parents’/guardians’ consent allowing us to process their personal data and you will extend a copy of this Notice to them.
1. TYPES OF PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
1.1 Information you provide to us: we collect personal data (including where applicable sensitive personal data) you provide directly to us. This includes:
- your full name, NRIC number, passport and visa information, nationality, gender;
- your and/or family’s contact information, including address, email address and telephone number;
- financial information such as credit or debit card information, including the name of cardholder, card number, card issuing bank, card issuing country, card expiry date and banking account details, mobile payment and other payment details;
- your membership information, account details, profile or password details and profile photo;
- any information necessary to fulfill special requests based on the use of our services (for example, for travel and accommodation arrangements, and related particular preferences);
- your reviews, feedback and opinions about our services, programs and services;
- videos, audio files or pictures of your trip you upload to the Site and
- any other personal data you choose to provide to us.
1.2 Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Site and/or our Services: when you access or use the Site or our Services, we automatically collect personal data about you, including:
- information collected through our services, including photos and videos of you from excursions and travels;
- information obtained from third parties through lawful sources including but not limited to the National Registration Department of Malaysia
- Log Information: we may collect system log information about your use of the Site, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address.
- Device Information: we may collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Site, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers (such as, IP address, IMEI number, the address of the device's wireless network interface, or mobile phone number used by the device) and mobile network information.
- Location Information: we may collect information about the location of your device each time you access or use one of our mobile applications or otherwise consent to the collection of this information. You can turn off location services for a device at any time, but this may turn off some useful features.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: we and our service providers use various technologies to collect information, including cookies and web beacons. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Site and your experience, see which areas and features of our Site are popular and count visits. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our services or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits and understand usage and campaign effectiveness. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see our [Cookies Policy]
1.3 Information We Collect From Other Sources: we may also obtain personal data from schools affiliated with us and from our third party service providers.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. We treat information collected by cookies and other technologies as non-personal information.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website and certain features of our website will not be available once cookies are disabled.
We use several different types of cookies. In particular, we use the following first party cookies:
- necessary cookies which allow certain fundamental features of the Site to work. These cookies are essential to enable you to browse our services and use certain features. Disabling them may prevent you from using certain parts of the services. Without these cookies, services like login, booking and paying activity cannot be provided. These cookies also help keep our services safe and secure.
- functional cookies, which allow us to remember choices you make (e.g. your cookie preference),
- performance cookies, which monitor usage of the Site; and
- advertising cookies which record the fact that you have visited the Site and then which links you have accessed whilst you use the Site.
3. HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
3.1 We may use your personal data for the purposes set out below:
- We use your Personal Information for administrative purposes e.g. processing, confirming, organizing, fulfilling and completing your transactions and requests for our services, and ancillary works in providing the products and/or services (whether by BeED, it’s related or affiliated entities, merchants, partners or third parties and responding to enquiries by you or made on its behalf;
- fulfill contractual obligations to you, anyone involved in the process of organizing your travel arrangements (e.g. travel agents, group travel organisers, airline operators, hotels, transportation providers, schools and your employer) and vendors (e.g. credit card companies, etc);
- provide you with access to the content on our Site, and respond to your enquiries and requests for information and services;
- for the purposes of accounting (billing and auditing), operating internal controls including determining amounts owed to or by you, payment to or collection of such amounts from you and from any person providing security for your obligations, and processing of financial or payment transactions;
- verifying and assisting with identification of users and to determine appropriate services;
- sending important notices such as communications about changes to our policies, terms and conditions, and your purchases;
- monitor your use of our Site and your bookings, and conduct analysis of the use of our Site in order to operate, evaluate and improve our Site and our services, understand your preferences, display customised content to you on our Site which may be of interest to you and troubleshoot any problems;
- forwarding publicity materials or other information to you from BeED or sending promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided;
- meeting any legal, governmental or regulatory requirements in Malaysia or any other applicable jurisdiction including disclosure or notification requirements;
- liaising with any person who is acquiring or participating in any contractual arrangements between BeED and you, to enable the transaction; and
- any other incidental and associated purposes in order for BeED to carry out its business and/or relating to any of the above.
3.2 Data held relating to you will be kept confidential but it may be provided to:-
- any person under a duty of confidentiality to BeED or to entities related to or affiliated to BeED;
- any relevant agent, contractor or third party service provider who provides administrative, telecommunications, computer, payment, securities clearing, management, audit, insurance, professional or other services to BeED;
- with third-party payment processors, payment service providers, IT and marketing support service providers and other consultants, vendors and service providers who need access to such information to carry out work or provide services on our behalf or who help us to provide the Site to you;
- to anyone involved in the process of the organizing of your travel arrangements (for example, for travel and accommodation arrangements, and related services (e.g. travel agents, group travel organisers, airline operators, hotels, transportation providers, schools and your employer) and vendors (e.g. credit card companies, etc);
- any banking, financial or other institution with which you have or propose to have dealings or for financial or payment transactions;
- any person or corporation to whom BeED transfers or proposes to transfer its interests and/or obligations in respect of you or any product or service provided to you;
- any nominee, trustee, co-trustee, centralised securities depository or registrar, custodian, insurance company, estate agent, lawyer, tax advisor, auditor, other professional advisor or other person who is involved with the provision of services or products by BeED to you;
- any person by whom BeED is required by applicable legal, governmental or regulatory requirements to make disclosure; or
- any other person reasonably requiring the same in order for BeED to carry out its business.
- We will jointly use Personal Information as well as cookies for the purposes as described above.
- with any law enforcement, courts, Government or regulatory bodies (in whatever jurisdiction), or otherwise in response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, regulation, court order or legal process;
- in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company, or any change of management;
- with our advisors, which includes our accountants, auditors, lawyers, other professional advisors and business contacts for the purpose of assisting us to better manage, support or develop our business and comply with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- with any other party at your consent or at your direction; and
- otherwise as permitted or required by applicable laws and regulations.
- We may also disclose aggregate or de-identified data that is not personally identifiable with third parties, including our commercial and strategic partners.
3.3 In the employment scenario, we would use information that you voluntarily provide to compare against the job specification / criteria we are seeking / intending to employ.
3.4 We do not sell or rent any of your Personal Information on our Website to any other parties. We may share anonymous and/or aggregated information about all our users with third parties.
4. DATA STORAGE
BeED is located in Malaysia. However, we may transfer and store your Personal Information on our servers located overseas. Such transfers are necessary pursuant to our contract with you and/or our contract(s) with the relevant third parties.
It will also be accessed and processed by our personnel and the personnel of our partners, affiliates and third party service providers, who operate outside Malaysia.
It is voluntary for you to supply your Personal Data to BeED. However, if you do not wish to provide your Personal Data, BeED may not be able to:
- provide you the services that you require; or
- Communicate effectively with you.
If you do not agree or consent to BeED processing your Personal Data for the purposes set out herein, please notify BeED by contacting BeED at email@example.com
Retention of Personal Data
Children and Minors
Minors* Under 18 Years Old [Note: * Age of minors for residents in Japan is under 20 years old].
Except where required by local laws, we do not knowingly collect personal data from minors. If you are a minor, you may only use our Site and services with the permission of your parent or guardian.
If you are a parent or guardian of someone under 18 years old who has provided us his/her Personal Information without your knowledge and consent, you may request that we remove such information by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are in the EU, our online services are not directed at children under the age of 13. If you believe we have collected information about a child under the age of 13, please contact us so that we may take appropriate steps to delete such information. If you are at least 13 but under the age of 16, please get the consent of your parent or legal guardian before giving us any personal data about yourself.
5.1 We will secure the storage in compliance with the minimum security measures prescribed under the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 of Malaysia, its regulation and standards.
5.2 BeED is committed to ensuring that your data is secure. BeED maintains appropriate administrative, physical and technical safeguards to help protect the security, confidentiality and integrity of data our customers submit to us to prevent loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We use a multi-layered approach to protect that key information, constantly monitoring and improving our application, systems, and processes to meet the growing demands and challenges of security.
5.3 BeED’s IT vendors generally do not have a direct relationship with individuals whose personal data is collected and our IT vendors do not collect personal information on our behalf. Our IT vendors do not determine how we use such data. Additionally, BeED’s contracts with our IT vendors generally prohibit our vendors from accessing customer data except under limited circumstances.
6. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
7. EMAIL AND WEBSITE
7.1 Any Personal Data contained in the emails and “Contact Us” messages sent via BeED’s Website to BeED shall be used and processed in the manner set out in this Notice.
7.2 If you do not wish for your Personal Data to be collected via cookies on the Website, please configure your internet browser to delete or deactivate cookies.
7.3 BeED’s Website may contain links to other sites and pages. BeED shall not be responsible for any Personal Data or information that you may provide to any other entity via the links.
8. REQUEST FOR ACCESS AND INQUIRIES
Your Rights and Contact Us
You are entitled to the following rights: right of access to the personal data we hold about you, right of rectification, right to erasure, right to restrict data processing, right to object against profiling and your personal right to data portability. Whenever reasonably possible and required, we will strive to grant these rights within one (1) month. You may also withdraw your consent to receiving direct marketing communications, or more generally to our processing of your personal data, at any time, and you may in certain circumstances ask us to delete your personal data. However, we may not be able to continue providing services to you if you entirely withdraw your consent or ask us to delete your personal data entirely. To make these requests, or if you have any questions or complaints about how we handle your personal data, or would like us to update the data we maintain about you and your preferences, please contact our data protection officer by email at email@example.com.
8.1 You may at any time hereafter forward any complaints in respect of your personal data, request for access to, or request for rectification or correction of your Personal Data (subject to payment of fees, if applicable), or limit the processing of your Personal Data by BeED, as the case may be, however subject to the exceptions and restrictions as may be contained under the applicable laws. If you wish to do so, please contact:
The Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or writing to The Data Protection Officer at Beeducation Adventures Sdn. Bhd., Lot 7.08A & 7.08B, One Tech Park, Tanjung Bandar Utama, Bandar Utama, 47800 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia.
Tel: +60 3 7731 6068
8.2 Please note that BeED has the right to refuse your request to access and/or make any correction to your Personal Data to the extent permitted under the applicable law.
To help BeED to provide a better service to you, please ensure that your personal data such as contact details including your home and office addresses, your telephone numbers (including your mobile telephone number), email address and other details registered with us are up to date.
9.1 BeED reserves the right to amend or modify this Notice from time to time.
Updated effective from 25.5.2018.