Beeducation Adventures Sdn. Bhd. (Company No: 1160905-A) (“BeED”)
PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION NOTICE
This Personal Data Protection Notice (“Notice”) sets out how Beeducation Adventures Sdn. Bhd. (Company No: 1160905-A) (“BeED”) collects, uses and protects your Personal Data which you have provided to BeED. By engaging BeED to provide its services or by accessing BeED‘s website (“Website”), you hereby consent to the processing of your Personal Data by BeED in the provision of the services or products that you have requested from BeED and/or for the carrying out or provision of products and/or services and other related, or ancillary acts and services (“Services”), (whether by BeED, it’s related or affiliated entities, merchants, partners or third parties).
1. PERSONAL DATA
1.1 The “Personal Data” that you provide and/or have provided to BeED includes your name, contact details, address, email address, NRIC number and/or passport number, bank/s account/s information, legal, personal and financial status and information, including, but not limited to, the following:
- name, date of birth, NRIC number/passport number, marital status and gender information;
- contact information including address, email address and telephone number;
- information about your friends and family such as name, mailing address, email address and phone number for purposes of fulfilling your request to provide relevant product or service for purchase of gift certificates;
- demographic information such as postage, billing and other information to enable delivery of item purchased;
- depending on the service used, financial information such as credit card or bank account numbers;
- transactional information of your activities on our website;
- information in relation to your interaction with our website, services, content and advertising;
- other information required to authenticate yourself; and
- other information that may be required by law from time to time.
1.2 In addition to the Personal Data that you provide to BeED directly (whether when engaging us to provide our services or during any communication with BeED), BeED may also collect your Personal Data from various other sources, including without limitation, from online search tools, information obtained from third parties through lawful sources including but not limited to the National Registration Department of Malaysia, the Authorities, police and other authorities, or at events organized or participated by BeED.
1.3 In respect of personal data of third parties such as your spouse and family members, you warrant that you have obtained their consent allowing us to process their personal data and you will extend a copy of this Notice to them.
2. PURPOSE OF PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
2.1 By engaging with, or using or participating in the provision or use of or purchasing BeED’s services or products, for yourself or on behalf of others, you hereby agree and consent to BeED using and processing the Personal Data provided to BeED, in the manner and for the purposes inter alia as described below:
- for the purposes of the Services and ancillary works; carrying out instructions, providing products and/or services (whether by BeED, it’s related or affiliated entities, merchants, partners or third parties and responding to enquiries by you or made on its behalf;.
- researching, designing, launching and marketing about new products, services, special offers or other information of BeED and third parties (including but not limited to exchanging information with selected business partners and developing marketing list for exchange with selected business partners) and monitoring the provision, operation and use of such products or services;.
- provision of reference (status enquiries);.
- verifying and assisting with identification of users and to determine appropriate services;.
- sending important notices such as communications about changes to our policies, terms and conditions, and your purchases;.
- operating internal controls including determining amounts owed to or by you, payment to or collection of such amounts from you and from any person providing security for your obligations, and processing of financial or payment transactions;.
- forwarding publicity materials or other information to you from BeED;.
- the enforcement of your obligations, including without limitation the collection of amounts outstanding from you;.
- internal record keeping;.
- using the data to improve our products and services;.
- periodically sending promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided; .
- meeting any legal, governmental or regulatory requirements in Malaysia or any other applicable jurisdiction including disclosure or notification requirements;.
- assisting any person who is acquiring or participating in any contractual arrangements between BeED and you, to evaluate the transaction for such acquisition or participation;.
- from time to time, we may also use your data to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests;.
- sending promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting; and.
- any other incidental and associated purposes in order for BeED to carry out its business and/or relating to any of the above..
Data held relating to you will be kept confidential but it may be provided to:-
- any person under a duty of confidentiality to BeED or to companies related to or affiliated to BeED;
- any relevant agent, contractor or third party service provider who provides administrative, telecommunications, computer, payment, securities clearing, management, audit, insurance, professional or other services to BeED;
- any banking, financial or other institution with which you have or propose to have dealings or for financial or payment transactions;
- any person or corporation to whom BeED transfers or proposes to transfer its interests and/or obligations in respect of you or any product or service provided to you;
- any nominee, trustee, co-trustee, centralised securities depository or registrar, custodian, insurance company, estate agent, lawyer, tax advisor, auditor, other professional advisor or other person who is involved with the provision of services or products by BeED to you;
- any person by whom BeED is required by applicable legal, governmental or regulatory requirements to make disclosure; or
- any other person reasonably requiring the same in order for BeED to carry out its business.
2.2 BeED may disclose data to any or all of the parties stated above notwithstanding the recipient’s place of business is outside Malaysia, or that such information following disclosure will be collected, held, processed or used by such recipient in whole or in part outside Malaysia.
2.3 It is voluntary for you to supply your Personal Data to BeED. However, if you do not wish to provide your Personal Data, BeED may not be able to:
- provide you the services that you require; or
- Communicate effectively with you.
2.4 BeED may also use and process your Personal Data for other purposes such as to send you materials such as season greeting cards, newsletters, articles, write-ups and other updates if any, by way of email, hand or mail.
If you do not agree or consent to BeED processing your Personal Data for the purposes set out herein, please notify BeED by contacting BeED at email@example.com
3. DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
3.1 Your Personal Data provided to BeED or obtained by BeED shall be kept confidential by BeED. However, it may be necessary for BeED to engage third party companies, service providers or individuals to perform certain services on BeED’s behalf. In such event, you hereby agree and consent that BeED may disclose and transfer your Personal Data to the third parties, within or outside Malaysia, including without limitation, as follows:
- banks and financial institutions;
- insurance providers;
- storage facility providers;
- external advisors and other professional advisors, such as auditors; and
- such other party as BeED deems necessary for the purposes mentioned in paragraph 2 above.
3.2 BeED shall also disclose and transfer the information to any statutory bodies, regulatory bodies and / or governmental authorities where legally required to do so.
BeED is committed to ensuring that your data is secure. BeED maintains appropriate administrative, physical and technical safeguards to help protect the security, confidentiality and integrity of data our customers submit to us to prevent loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We use a multi-layered approach to protect that key information, constantly monitoring and improving our application, systems, and processes to meet the growing demands and challenges of security.
BeED’s IT vendors generally do not have a direct relationship with individuals whose personal data is collected and our IT vendors do not collect personal information on our behalf. Our IT vendors do not determine how we use such data. Additionally, BeED’s contracts with our IT vendors generally prohibit our vendors from accessing customer data except under limited circumstances.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. We treat information collected by cookies and other technologies as non-personal information.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website and certain features of our website will not be available once cookies are disabled.
6. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
7. EMAIL AND WEBSITE
7.1 Any Personal Data contained in the emails and “Contact Us” messages sent via BeED’s Website to BeED shall be used and processed in the manner set out in this Notice.
7.2 If you do not wish for your Personal Data to be collected via cookies on the Website, please configure your internet browser to delete or deactivate cookies.
7.3 BeED’s Website may contain links to other sites and pages. BeED shall not be responsible for any Personal Data or information that you may provide to any other entity via the links.
8. REQUEST FOR ACCESS AND INQUIRIES
8.1 You may at any time hereafter forward any complaints in respect of your personal data, request for access to, or request for rectification or correction of your Personal Data (subject to payment of fees, if applicable), or limit the processing of your Personal Data by BeED, as the case may be, however subject to the exceptions and restrictions as may be contained under the applicable laws. If you wish to do so, please contact:
The Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or writing to The Data Protection Officer at Beeducation Adventures Sdn. Bhd., Lot 7.08A & 7.08B, One Tech Park, Tanjung Bandar Utama, Bandar Utama, 47800 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia.
Tel: +60 3 7731 6068
8.2 Please note that BeED has the right to refuse your request to access and/or make any correction to your Personal Data to the extent permitted under the applicable law.
To help BeED to provide a better service to you, please ensure that your personal data such as contact details including your home and office addresses, your telephone numbers (including your mobile telephone number), email address and other details registered with us are up to date.
9.1 BeED reserves the right to amend or modify this Notice from time to time.